Thursday, December 5, 2013

Hey Family!

So this week had its ups and downs.  But it was an amazing spiritual week!!!!  The beginning was a struggle this week.  We were going to have to go on exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders and I really didn't want to and I wasn't feeling confident enough to do the area and teach people without Sister Kiser.  She's pretty awesome, by the way.  And so I was really having a hard time feeling like I was okay to do it.  But we ended up getting a dinner appointment with a member family and they invited a potential investigator over for dinner and a lesson!!!!  And so we asked if we could do exchanges on another day.  And they said yes.  But I was still really struggling.  I just felt like, I not a good teacher.  And I didn't feel like I could teach this investigator by the Spirit.  Sister Kiser is Ah-mazing!  She said, we were going to pray and ask and beg the Lord for His Spirit to be with us as we taught her.  I prayed and man, I realized that I needed to humble myself. And I could feel the difference when I just got on my knees and asked the Lord for help.  That is something that I've always struggled with.  Trying to do something, feeling that I'm so inadequate, and so I give up.  Instead of humbling myself and asking Heavenly Father to help me.  The dinner was great and we got to know Melissa and her family better.  She is a professor at the University of Utah.  Her boyfriend is LDS and has been reading the Book of Mormon with her.  He was there at dinner and the lesson as well.  Well, we taught her the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I could feel the Spirit so strong as I told her about Joseph Smith's vision when Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to him.  She just soaks everything in!  She is so awesome.  Well, then I really felt like I needed to invite her to be baptized.  And then the discussion when in so many different directions.  But the Spirit guided me to know what to say and then invited her to be baptized!  The Spirit was so strong.  And she accepted!  She was so excited when she said yes!  And yesterday we had another lesson with her and she is preparing to be baptized January 25th 2014!!!!!  The Lord has shown us a MIRACLE!!!!!  I know I'm not always the best missionary that I can be.  And that you truly do have to be humble, diligent, obedient and faithful and the Lord will show you miracles.  I am so grateful to be able to be apart of this!!!  I love being a missionary!  It's the most amazing feeling ever to get to share the gospel with others!  

Sister Kiser and I had such a great week!  And we've had such a great transfer together.  She will be leaving tomorrow to go to her new area and I'll be staying here in Cottonwood and be getting a new companion.  I don't know who it will be either.  I'm so sad because we get along so well and she's helped me out so much!  But I guess I would be selfish if I kept her here only for me.  She's gotta go and find more people that need her.  It's been such a blessing to have her as my companion.  

Go check out this Mormon Message about living up to your privileges!

I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father that loves us so much!  He wants us to pray to Him each and every day!  Even more than once a day!  He wants us to talk with Him!  I know that I am a daughter of a Heavenly Father that loves me so much!  He knows me and knows what I can become.  He knows what I need to make me into the woman that I need to be.  I love Him so much!  He gives us everything that we need and more!  He is always so merciful and loving.  He always wants to hear from us!

What this one about being a daughter of God

Love,

Sister Marlow

oH, and last Monday we were playing volleyball and one of the Elder spiked it and I went to return it and hit it with my left wrist.  My team didn't recover it so it wasn't worth the hit, but I busted a vein and my wrist was so swollen, and purple, like instantly after I hit it.  My whole wrist was bruised!!!  But it was way fun playing!  I get bruised from volleyball all the time!!!  Love you all!!!  Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment