Thursday, December 12, 2013





Hey Family,

It's been snowing like crazy!  And it's been super cold!  Single digits!  burrrrrr!!!!  Makes me think of little Ella when she says burrrr!!! :)  And because we are at the base of the mountain and in between Big and Little Cottonwood Canyon, we get more snow than the valley does!  The first day was really bad.  Couldn't get our car back home (we live at the top of a hill), so we left it at the grocery store and a member drove us home in her 4 wheel drive.  Blessings!!!  So I have found new loves in this weather.  Snow plow man.  The best ever!  When he does his job.  He was slacking on Tuesday and that's when we couldn't get home!  I miss driving the Jeep in Park City!  With it's lovely snow tires and 4 wheel drive!!!!!  Oh, and I really can't drive in the snow!  I'm so bad!  We slip and slide all the time!  And it freaks me out, so it also stresses me out too!  But just learning to drive slowly.  We taught a lot of lessons this week.  We taught Chuck.  We invited him to be baptized.  He didn't say no, but he didn't say yes.  But he still wants to learn more!  We had the mission president's wife come with us to a lesson with an active member family.  I was really nervous at first.  But then it wasn't so bad.  We knocked on this guy's door.  He said he was agnostic.  And said that he would only believe in Jesus Christ, if He was to walk up his driveway and come to the door.  Well, I told him that we are representatives of Jesus Christ.  I don't know if that means anything to him, but we knocked on his door.  And then we were trying to find a house for a lesson, and I had to turn around and got stuck in the ice/snow!  A guy saw that we were struggling and went and got a shovel and dug it out for us to get out!  Blessings!!!!  Things with Sister Stout are getting better.  We are learning to teach better together.  And the mission has advised us to use the pamphlets to teach!  And it's been going great!  Something funny.  I asked Sister Stout to call a member to see if she was coming to an appointment.  She called the number and had it on speaker.  The member answered and Sister Stout didn't say anything.  I just sat there, like, okay....  And then the member hung up.  I asked Sister Stout why she didn't talk.  She said she gets scared of calling people.  I was like, okay.  Just let me know, and I'll do it.  It was funny.  

I read 2 Nephi 26 this morning.  I really liked these verses:
2 Nephi 26:24-27, 33
     
 24 He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw call men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation.
 25 Behold, doth he cry unto any, saying: Depart from me? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; but he saith: Come unto me all ye ends of the earth, buy milk and honey, without money and without price.
 26 Behold, hath he commanded any that they should depart out of the synagogues, or out of the houses of worship? Behold, I say unto you, Nay.
 27 Hath he commanded any that they should not partake of his salvation? Behold I say unto you, Nay; but he hath given it free for all men; and he hath commanded his people that they should persuade all men to repentance.
 33 For none of these iniquities come of the Lord; for he doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile.

Right now I'm listening to MoTab sing Sleigh Bells.  Makes me think of home and watching Mr. Kruger's Christmas with good ol' Jimmy Stewart!  I love it!  :)  Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Marlow

Oh, and watch this Christmas Mormon message!
http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=2874125972001

No comments:

Post a Comment