Monday, December 30, 2013



MERRY CHRISTMAS FAMILY!!!!

IF YOU'RE EXCITED TO TALK TO ME ON WEDNESDAY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!  (clap, clap)!!!  I can't wait to talk on Christmas!!!!  I miss you guys so much!!!!  

So this week, lots and lots of snow and ice.  We have steps that go down to our basement apartment and it's covered in ice.  I scrapped the snow off, but all the icicles drip down and it melts--ice!!!!  So gotta be careful.  And I'm getting used to the car saying "LOW TRACTION" and not freaking out about it!  Well, at least we have a car!  Blessings!  this week we have been delivering cookies and goodies to people.  The wards have been giving us things to bring to less actives.  And we got an invite for Christmas breakfast with a less active member!  Woo!!!  And thank you to everyone that has sent me Christmas cards and presents!  I'm really bad at remembering and getting thank you cards out soon!  But in the mean time, I just want to thank you all for sending me love through the mail!  The zone leaders get the mail, and they just hand over pretty much everything they have over to me!  So thanks for all the love!!!!!  You are the best!  

So, the awesome thing about this week!  We had our lesson with Melissa yesterday.  She told us that last Sunday, when we taught her about the Word of Wisdom, that she didn't have coffee anymore!  She said that she was grumpy the first couple of days, but then on Friday, she felt good.  And she was praying that the Lord would help her give up coffee and replace it with peace and comfort to get through the day!  I thought that was so awesome!  She is so amazing!  She has so much faith and she's just building upon the faith that she has!  We are teaching her again tonight.  And she's so excited to get baptized!  I'm so happy for her.  Thank you all for praying for her!  She needs all the prayers!  It's hard changing your lifestyle and learning to trust the Lord.  She doesn't have to change much.  But it's understanding the why of having to do it.  And we all experience that with the gospel.  But we just try it out and pray and ask God if it's right.  We can teach people all these things and tell them how it blesses our lives, but they have to get that experience for themselves!  It's so great!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!  I love this time of the year.  Because we get to celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  How he was born.  He lived.  He died.  He was resurrected.  HE LIVES!!!!  Heavenly Father showed the most love to us by giving us His Son.  I am so grateful for Jesus Christ.  And for the sacrifice that He made for me and for all of us.  It is such a blessing to know that we can repent and start over.  But we have to do our part to fix those things and to change.  The Lord wants us to be better.  He is shaping and molding us into the people that He knows we can become.  It's just putting forth that effort.  I know that this church is Jesus Christ's church upon the Earth today.  And that it is led by a prophet of God, Thomas S. Monson.  I love this gospel!  I love talking to people about it!  It's so amazing!  Hope you all have a safe and a blessed Christmas!
I know you'll read Luke 2, but read Helaman 14 for the prophecy of Christ's birth told in the Book of Mormon!  Another witness and testimony that Jesus is the Christ!

Love,
Sister Marlow

No comments:

Post a Comment