Monday, October 28, 2013




Hey Family!

This week was a good one!  We were struggling trying to find new people to teach.  And especially people that are ready.  But we are continuing on!  We had training from the zone leaders last week that was amazing!  We were learning to focus on helping those to baptism.  President Eberhardt, the mission president has asked us to make baptism a divine obsession.  So we are praying for miracles and people to find!  We have been teaching a lot of less active and active members.  So we are teaching a lot.  Which is great!  It's been great to get to know more of the people of this area.  I love it.  We just need to remember that we have been sent here to help people to prepare for baptism.  So it's time to dig down deep and get our hands dirty!  And I'm glad that I have Sister Kiser to do it with me!  We have such a great time together.  We laugh a lot!  Which is so good!  She's a hoot!  And she's so good with teaching people and getting to know them.  We were talking to this man and he was kinda rude and hard.  And she totally got to him and he started crying after she was teaching about the Atonement!  She's awesome!  Oh, and if any of you didn't know.  Sister Kiser is from Morganton, North Carolina.  Which is in the Hickory Stake.  The same stake as me!  People are still so shocked when they hear that we are from the same stake.  And then they ask why I don't have an accent!  We gave talks in two wards yesterday and I was like, sorry to disappoint, but no I don't have an accent.  :)  

Mosiah 2:41
   And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

I read this in my personal study today.  I love this scripture.  It promises us as we keep the commandments that we will have all the things that we need.  Whether they are temporal or spiritual needs.  They will be met.  And we can be happy by keeping the commandments.  I know it's hard sometimes.  And sometimes we think that we know better than the Lord.  But He has given us commandments to keep us safe and to protect us.  Because He knows what's out there and He wants us to stay away from things that will destroy us spiritually.  My favorite part is that as we keep the commandments that we will be able to dwell with God and live in never-ending happiness!  I can't wait for that and I know that it will be truly happy because I'll be with my family!  Because families are forever through Heavenly Father's plan of happiness!  I love you all so much!  I know this gospel is true.  That Jesus Christ is my Savior.  If I didn't know, then I wouldn't be out here!  Find out for yourselves the happiness you receive from keeping the commandments!  Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Marlow

No comments:

Post a Comment