Thursday, October 24, 2013





Hello my family that is forever!

How was your week?  Mine was pretty great!  I love listening to General Conference and we get to hear from prophets and apostles of God.  And the other leaders that are called to serve!  It's so amazing.  Before conference I love to write down any questions that I have.  And they are all pretty different and specific.  Then I prayed and told Heavenly Father my questions and asked Him that they would be answered in General Conference.  And you know what?  The Lord answers prayers!  My questions were answered.  And it was so specific and the talks gave me the plans and guidance to be able to fix some things that I'm struggling with!  How amazing is that?!?!  I am so grateful that we have access to personal revelation to help us in our lives!  Wasn't it all just amazing?  They were all really good, but I think some of my favorites were.  I don't have all my notes with me, but from what I remember.  I loved Elder Christoffersen talking about the responsibility that women have on moral authority and to teach that and how it is so important the work a wife and mother does in the home.  And then Elder Oaks talking about how important the family is.  That we need to strengthen the family unit.  And how the Plan of Salvation and family is so connected together.  It's so awesome to be able to know that through God's plan, families can be together forever.  And then Elder Soares spoke about how to be meek and humble.  Sister Stephens speaking about being men and women of God.  It was all sososososo good!  I encourage all of you to go back and watch or listen to at least one talk a day.  It just helps to be able to re-listen to the words that they spoke.  I'm going to try to do that while at the Family Tree Center.  :)

It's been snowing on and off these past couple of weeks.  Getting out the boots and winter coats.  But I know that to everything there is a season! :)  I find out next Monday if I'll be staying in Park City.  I don't know what the Lord has in store for me this next transfer.  I would like to stay in Park City with Sister Alvarez.  But I know that I go where the Lord needs me to go.  So I don't think I ever told you guys this.  But we get to do online chat with people that go onto mormon.org and have questions about the church.  Sister Alvarez and I try to do it as much as we can.  We were on last night.  Sometimes people have some outrageous things and just want to argue with us.  But sometimes it is a good experience.  So cool that we can do chat here, because we work at the visitors' center.  Which I love serving at by the way!  It is the best.  Oh, and it was so weird hitting my year mark this past week.  I can't believe it.  I have seen so many blessings come into my life from serving a mission in Utah.  The Lord is so good to me!  Love you lots!

Love,

Sister Marlow      

No comments:

Post a Comment