Wednesday, November 6, 2013




Hey Fam!

So it seems like every week is a blurr!!!  I guess it's because I am lovin' missionary life!  It is the best!  Seriously, you all should serve a mission!  We had a good fun week!  Tuesday we had our car worked on in SLC.  A member followed us there and drove us back.  And then she drove us to our appointments and drove us back to pick up our car!  She's great!  That day we did some service for a sister in the ward.  She just had a baby and can't pick up heavy stuff.  So they live in a split level house.  And the doorbell rang.  It was our ride.  And I went down the stairs to open the door.  And of course me being clumsy.....I slide down the stairs and landed on my bum.  We all just started laughing.  I entertain Sister Kiser a lot because I'm always falling down!!!!  It was so funny!  Wednesday we had interviews with President Eberhardt and we also made lunch for an elderly man that is a widower in one of the wards.  Then we headed down to South Jordan to go to the Jordan River Temple as a mission.  I LOVE the temple!!!!!  Then on Thursday, Halloween, we had a party with the mission.  We had a variety show and missionaries, sang and played the piano and other instruments.  It was a lot of fun.  Then on Friday we took a less active to temple square!  It was so fun to be there.  We watched The Testaments.  If you haven't seen it, you should!!!  The Spirit is so strong when you watch it!  I just love how you can feel the Lord's love!  And another CRAZY thing, we saw Sister George!  I'll send you a picture that we took with her!  That's so awesome.  Three sisters from the same stake!!!  I love it!  So we have been really struggling trying to find new people to teach that are ready to prepare to be baptized.  We are really trying to work more with the members and with the leadership.  Something, I don't feel like I'm very good at.  Hastening the Work of Salvation is all about working together.  Sister Kiser was already trained in that in the MTC, so she's really helping me to learn to trust the members and to focus on building their faith to share the gospel with others.  She's awesome!!!  I'm so glad we are companions!  She's the best, ever!

Oh, hey!  You all should read Mosiah 12-13.  It's when Abinadi teaches the 10 commandments.  And he totally throws down the wicked priests!  And after he teaches them he asks them this:

Mosiah 13:25-26

 And it came to pass that after Abinadi had made an end of these sayings that he said unto them: Have ye taught this people that they should observe to do all these things for to keep these commandments?  I say unto you, Nay; for if ye had, the Lord would not have caused me to come forth and to prophesy evil concerning this people.

I love it!  I am so grateful that we have the prophets from the Bible and the Book of Mormon to teach us the doctrine of Christ.  To help us to come closer to the Savior.  To know who He is and what His gospel is and how to live it.  I am so grateful that we have a prophet today to lead and guide us.  His name is Thomas S. Monson and he speaks for the Lord and directs this church through revelation received from God.  I love being a missionary!  Love you all!!  Have a great week!!!!

Love,
Sister Marlow

No comments:

Post a Comment