Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Hey Family,

It's hard getting to Mondays and then trying to remember what happened this week.  Our week started off kinda slow.  We weren't able to meet our goals.  We had a really good Zone Meeting and they talked to us about what keeps us from being able to reach our goals.  Both Sister Kiser and I said for our companionship, that we lack faith to find people.  So that is something that we are working on.  And slowly and surely it's building.  I've always struggled with the principle of having faith.  Of trusting that the Lord can make things happen if it's His will.  As a zone we read some scriptures to help us to be able to recognize how we can do better.

Mormon 9:20-21, 25
 20 And the reason why he ceaseth to do miracles among the children of men is because that they dwindle in unbelief, and depart from the right way, and know not the God in whom they should trust.
 21 Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth.
 25 And whosoever shall believe in my name, doubting nothing, unto him will I confirm all my words, even unto the ends of the earth.

I love these scriptures!  It really helped me to recognize what I've not been doing.  I usually read these scriptures when when we are teaching about after Jesus Christ was crucified and the apostles were killed and the priesthood power and the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ was no on the Earth.  But it totally applies to me!  It really made me evaluate where I am and what I can do better.  So I've been praying for faith!  And I know that the Lord will help me to develop more faith.  

We picked up a new investigator!  His name is John.  He has been taught many times in the past.  His problem is that he says he has not received an answer from the Lord that he needs to be baptized.  I'm not doubting the man, that he hasn't received an answer for himself.  Maybe he just hasn't recognized it.  I'm not sure.  But we are going to teach him and we hope and pray that he'll be able to receive his answer.  We are teaching to other young girls too.  They said they aren't ready to be baptized, but said that we could come and continue to teach them.  We are hoping that we'll be able to help prepare them to be baptized when they make that decision.  Oh, something else really cool.  One of our wards invited everyone in their neighborhood to come to a special sacrament meeting and they had an open house afterwards.  It was way cool!  Non members and less active members came!  So cool!!!

Mission life is going great.  It is hard at times.  And that's even an understatement.  But I'm loving it.  It's so great being companions with Sister Kiser.  She is so awesome and we are always laughing.  I hope everyone is doing great!  Keep praying and reading the scriptures!  And reading talks from General Conference!  They are awesome!!!

Love,
Sister Marlow   

No comments:

Post a Comment