Monday, April 29, 2013









Hey My Fam!

This week was full of miracles, spiritual experiences and new investigators!  And a little bit of sickness for me too!  XD  Oh, and the weather is so amazing today.  We'll see how long that lasts!

I started feeling really sick Tuesday night.  Wednesday we were filling in at the Family Tree, so I just went upstairs and rested.  Sister Willis went out with Sister Alexander, one of the spanish speaking sisters and they found two new investigators!  Then on Thursday we had a lesson with Mya and her friend Joanna, who is a member and she wants to learn more too!  Then on Friday we helped cleaned this lady's house.  She isn't a member and she had shoulder surgery and can't do much.  And then they invited us over for dinner of Saturday and they are going to let us teach them more as well!!!  So many awesome miracles that are happening!  Me and Sister Willis are so excited!

We taught Robert again on the phone this week!  He is doing amazing.  He accepted the date to be baptized on May 18th!  The Spirit was so strong in the lesson.  I was still sick, but the Holy Ghost just took over and directed me to what I needed to say and ask him.  He has so much faith.  His biggest concern is other people and their reaction to him learning more about the gospel.  I told him that if he knows that it's true and that he's willing to follow Jesus Christ and do anything to do that, then the Lord will bless him.  It may be hard, but the Lord is always there to help him.  He is loving the Book of Mormon, and who wouldn't?  The best book EVER!  Then we taught him last night.  He went to church yesterday and just loved it!  He went to church with a question and it was answered at church.  He could feel the Spirit so strong at church.  We taught him about the Plan of Salvation.  Answering the questions, where did we come from, why are we here and where are we going?  He loved it!  He was really curious about what happens after we die.  I taught him from Alma 40 which explains it so well!  When we were done with the lesson part, I asked him what he thought and if it all made sense.  He said yes, that he didn't really understand before what happened after we died and he said it makes sense and that I taught it clearly and it just makes sense.  Then he asked if he could share his testimony with me!  It was so amazing to hear him say that he knows the church is true.  And that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet.  And that we have a prophet on the Earth today.  Then he started bearing his testimony about the things that he learned about the Plan of Salvation.  He is so excited to get baptized and he wants to continue to read the Book of Mormon.  Then he asked me to share my testimony with him!!!  What investigator asks that?!?!  One that is awesome and totally prepared!  

I shared it with him.  How I know that Jesus Christ is truly my Savior and Redeemer.  That it is through the Book of Mormon that I have come to know my Savior better.  That He loves me and he is my best friend and elder brother.  I love the Book of Mormon so much.  It is true!  It answers all of my questions.  It gives me comfort and directs me towards Jesus Christ.  That is how I know it's true.  And because I know the Book of Mormon is true, I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and that Jesus Christ's church and authority has been restored to the Earth.  I know this with all my heart.  I love being a missionary.  It is the best decision I have made in my life.  I know that God has sent me here for a reason to learn so many things.  And I'm learning them.  And I have the privilege to be a representative of Him and to teach all of my brothers and sisters and to help them to follow Jesus Christ.  I love the feeling I get when I teach people and testify to them about the Book of Mormon and Jesus Christ.  I love being a missionary.  What a blessing it is to be missionary.  

Speaking of missionaries, I've been reading in Alma.  Alma and Amulek were the most coolest missionary companionship ever!  I have really loved Alma 14:25-26, 15:16-17 16:14-17.  And today I read Alma 17.  When it talks about Ammon taking care of King Lamoni's sheep and they get scattered.  Sister Willis had taught me earlier that the sheep are like the people of our ward.  The leadership/missionaries are Ammon and the servants.  Trials, temptations, and even bad people can distract us and turn us away and scatter us from the living water.  But it is our duty to find those lost sheep in our area and bring them back to the living water (church) and help them to stay there, so that they can be nourished spiritually.  We have to help to build them up and strengthen them.

And Alma 17:11  gives me a lot of comfort being a missionary!  

This morning the other sisters came to pick us up so we could go shopping and they got a flat tire.  They were on our road outside our long driveway.  Me and Sister Willis went to the trunk and pulled out the spare and all the stuff.  The other sisters had no idea where the spare was and they called the Elders and I was like, we don't need them.  We got this!  The sisters were so amazed that I knew how to change a tire!  But this man came and stopped us and changed it.  The lug nuts were really tight and I was in a skirt.  But if he hadn't come by, I would've gotten it!  Believe me!  :)  Hope you guys have a great week!



Love,

Sister Marlow  

No comments:

Post a Comment