Wednesday, May 15, 2013




Hello!

This past week has been amazing!  First we got a text on Monday that two of our investigators wanted to be baptized that weekend!  Their names are Traetyn and Chaeli.  We've been teaching them about two months now.  They just had to get permission from their Dad and make sure their Grandpa was able to come into town to baptize them!  It all worked out!  We finished teaching them the lessons that they needed before baptism and then they had their interview by our district leader.  Then on Saturday they were baptized!  We went to the church to fill up the font!  What an awesome sight it was to see the font being filled!  It was so great to see them be baptized.  They had been waiting and they really wanted to be baptized.  I was smiling so big!  :)  Then they were confirmed a member of the church and then received the gift of the Holy Ghost.  The Spirit was so strong!  I was so happy that I was able to teach this family!  It was so cool to be apart of their lives and be able to help them to be prepared for baptism and help them to follow Jesus Christ!  I was so happy!  After the service we congratulated them.  Their Mom and grandparents were so appreciative of us helping them to be prepared for baptism.  I told them, thank you for allowing me to teach them!  It was the best feeling!

We also had a visitor come to our mission.  Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles came to speak to us!  It was so cool!  He spoke to us and told us not to go inactive.  That even though are missions are short that we are apostolic.  Our calling as missionaries are so important and sacred.  That we don't need to waste time.  He was really sweet and then he gets into his passionate voice and starts preaching and telling us not to go inactive.  It was really good.  Then when he was leaving, we all stood up and we were sitting on the very back row, in the chapel, so no row was in front or behind us.  Elder Holland stopped and turned to us and waved!  It was so great!

We have also been teaching these less active members.  It is so amazing to see them have a desire to return to church.  They really want it.  And we testify to them and they just want to read the Book of Mormon.  The Spirit is so strong as we teach them.  I love being able to help people to return back to Heavenly Father.  Whether it is through baptism, or just helping them to come back to church.  

I know that this is the Lord's church.  That it is through Jesus Christ that Families can be FOREVER!  Yesterday at church we sang the hymn, "Families Can Be Together Forever".  I could feel the Spirit so strong.  I know that is ultimately what I'm here to help do on my mission.  Help families to be able to be sealed in the temple forever.  I know this is what Heavenly Father desires for all of His children.  

I am so blessed to have a family that truly is forever.  It was so much fun to see everyone and talk to everyone.  I miss you all so much.  It was so great to see all of your faces and to hear your voices.  I love you all so much.  You are the best family any sister missionary could have!  You are so supportive of me being on this mission for the Lord.  And you understand why I'm here and what I'm doing.  I know that through the priesthood authority of God that makes it possible for families to be sealed in the temple eternally.  I love you so much my amazing family!  Never forget that families are forever!

Love,

Sister Marlow

Go to utahslcsouthmission.com   to see our picture that we posted for Mother's Day!


Click on the link to watch this amazing video about a Mother that showed her faith and dropped to her knees when she needed the Lord's help.  It's so good!  I'm grateful for amazing women in my life that have shown me great faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment