Sunday, May 26, 2013

 
 
 
Hey to My Family!

How goes it?  Well it has finally turned to spring here in Park City!  It's so green and the flowers are blooming!  I love spring!  So this week we had zone conference.  And guess who was there?  Our conference consisted of our zone which is Cottonwood and the Draper zone.  I was sitting there with the other sisters and I look over and there is Grandma Taylor!  I said, in a loud, but soft voice, that's my grandma!  It was crazy to see her!  How awesome it is to serve in a place where there is family and I can randomly see them!  That was so much fun!

We were taught so much at Zone Conference.  The main things were repentance, prayer, teaching investigators to pray, receiving answers from the Lord, and the awesome Alma 5 chapter, where it talks about having the Savior's image in your countenance.  

The main thing that happened this week was that we taught Brother Beall.  He was baptized in March and just recently went back to drinking.  And we've been teaching him.  He's really depressed.  That's why he drinks.  But the other day he called us and said that he was detoxing.  We stopped by his apartment yesterday to see how he was.  HE WAS SOBER!  He hasn't been sober for weeks!  Poor guy.  He was an alcoholic for 30 years before he was baptized.  I wasn't able to teach him before his baptism.  But I know that through this experience that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real.  That anyone and everyone that wants a change in their life can go to the Savior for help.  The way we access the Atonement is by being baptized by someone that holds the priesthood authority of God.  And that can only be found in Jesus Christ's church.  And His church in these days is called The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  And you can know that through reading the Book of Mormon.

Alma 36:3
"And now, O my son Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day."

I love this scripture.  It gives me so much strength.  I know that if anyone does put their full and complete trust in God that he will support you in all that you do.  But the Lord promises me from this scripture that if I just give it over to Him and always go to Him, that he will help me.  Talk about a pretty awesome promise.  I know that the Lord does love all of us, because we are His children.  He wants to help us.  We just have to allow Him to do it!

Love,

Sister Marlow

No comments:

Post a Comment