Monday, April 1, 2013








Hey Family,

So this week has been an amazing one!  So many miracles and tender mercies that the Lord has shown us this week!  On Monday we received a text message of a referral from Church headquarters.  It didn't have an address, so we called the number and talked to this man named Stuart and asked when we could meet with him. He said he would stop by the Family Tree Center.  So he did and we got to know him.  He's been going through a divorce this past year and a lot of trials.  He's been going to church in Heber with a friend and wants a change in his life.  He was the one that went to Mormon.org and filled out a referral for himself!!!!!  We taught him about the Book of Mormon.  We read Moroni 10:3-5.  We told him what it takes to find out if the Book of Mormon is true and if the church is true from reading those scriptures.  We asked him if he has that real intent and desire.  He said he does.  As we were testifying to him of the truthfulness, his eyes just lit up.  He really wants this and he is so ready.  We invited him to be baptized and he said yes!  So excited to have met him.  It was so amazing to be able to teach him that day.  The Spirit was so strong.  I know that the Lord was teaching through me.  It wasn't me at all.  I know that I cannot convince or convert anyone.  It is the Holy Ghost that teaches and converts.  

Then later that day the phone rang at the Family Tree and I answered it.  It was this guy, Robert from Washington that is going to come into the Family Tree in a couple of weeks and wondered if there were people there that could answer his questions.  I got to know him, did some How to Begin Teaching and just started answering his questions.  I told him to read Moroni 10:3-5 and Alma 22 to answer his question if there really is a God.  It was amazing to teach him about the Book of Mormon and how to pray.  He hasn't prayed in years.  But he isn't coming into the Family Tree for a couple of weeks.  So I asked if I could keep in touch with him and follow up on his Book of Mormon reading.  He said yes!!!!  It was such a great experience to be able to teach him.  He randomly called the Family Tree!  And I got to talk to him!!!!  So cool.

Then yesterday on Easter, it was a good day.  The Easter bunny came to visit us at the Family Tree!  We went to sacrament meeting and then we had to go work at the Family Tree Center.  So we were fasting yesterday to be able to know who we need to focus on at this time, to find those people that need us right now.  After our dinner appointment and after we ended our fast we went to this referral.  They are a part member family.  They let us in and we shared an Easter message from 3 Nephi 11.  When Jesus Christ appeared in the Americas.  It was so great to teach them more about Jesus Christ and how he truly does live and he loves us.

So on a not so serious note, we saw a MOOSE!!!!  I'll send you the video and some pictures.  We were out contacting referrals and Sister Summerhays left the car unlocked, just in case we would have to run for the car!!!  I'm so excited!  I get to go to General Conference.  I'm going on the Sunday afternoon session!!!  I'm going with the other sisters in my district.  Sister Summerhays doesn't get to go because the choosing was done by seniority.  I wasn't sure if I would be able to get to go.  But as I think about it, and General Conference is coming up, I've been on my mission for 6 months!  How is that possible?  Conference time marks a milestone for my mission time.  I can't believe it!  Everyone enjoy General Conference this weekend!  How blessed are we to have a prophet again upon the earth to speak for the Lord and direct His children.  Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend.  And Happy Belated Birthday to Brandon!!!!  

Love ya tons!!!!

Sister Stacey Marlow

No comments:

Post a Comment