Monday, April 15, 2013



Hey Fam!

So transfers came and I got a new companion!  Her name is Sister Willis.  She is from Missouri.  She is 23 and she graduated from BYU-Idaho last July with an English degree.  She just finished her training as a new missionary.  She is so awesome and is ready to get to work.  It's been fun showing her the area and the Family Tree and how to do a tour and family history work.  It's been great in the Family Tree.  I met a couple yesterday that lives in Charlotte, NC.  They are transplants, but were way nice.  It was great to meet them.  

Crazy thing, we've been having so many people that want to meet with us or have shown up to church.  I really feel like things are going to pick up and the Lord is going to show us many miracles, of those that are ready to receive his gospel.  We have so many potential investigators.  Please pray for them!  We just started teaching this family.  The Mom is a member but her three kids aren't.  They are such an awesome family and the kids want to be baptized, but the Mom thinks they need to learn more.  So we are going to teach them and get them ready, so that she'll feel they are ready.  

We've had so many blizzards lately!  It's been crazy.  It's snowing today as well.  That's spring in Park City!  And it's been really muddy because it snows and then it melts.  Sister Willis isn't liking the crazy weather.  But we have fun in it.  Yesterday we went tracting out in the boonies on dirt roads and there were so many pot holes!  Good thing for 4 wheel drive.  Picture it.  Going down a road full of pot holes.  The car was going up and down.  It was so funny!  

Alma 5:12-14
 12 And according to his faith there was a mighty change wrought in his heart. Behold I say unto you that this is all true.
 13 And behold, he preached the word unto your fathers, and a mighty change was also wrought in their hearts, and they humbled themselves and put their trust in the true and living God. And behold, they were faithful until the end; therefore they were saved.
 14 And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?
I read this yesterday during church.  I love reading the Book of Mormon at church.  I always am able to receive answers to my questions at church and especially through the Book of Mormon.  It will answer any question.  You just have to ask the Lord!  I love Alma 5.  These verse really helped me.  Helped me to learn to change my heart.  Then it tells you how to change your heart.  To have faith, humble yourself, trust God, and endure to the end.  That is how your heart will be changed.  I've been struggling with this new area and working at the Family Tree.  But I know that the Lord was showing me that I need to have a change of heart and to love it here.  Because miracles will and can happen.  Mormon 9:19-21, 25  You just have to have the faith and put in the effort.  I also loved these other verses in Alma 5:12-15,19,26,27,45-46,37-38,60-62

I know that the Book of Mormon was given to us to help us in our day and time.  The Lord knew we needed more of his word.  2 Nephi 29  I love the Book of Mormon.  I love reading it and feeling of it's power.  If you haven't yet, get a Book of Mormon, read it and then pray about it.  See how much good it will do to your life.  Love you all!!!

Love,
Sister Marlow

No comments:

Post a Comment