Tuesday, September 24, 2013








My dearest and bestest FAMILY!

So, it's true!  We had a miracle baptism this Saturday.  The investigator that we've been teaching on and off for the past 3 months got baptized!  His name is Jack.  He's 14.  He's been going to church for the last 3 years with his family.  His Mom is a convert.  We finished teaching him the lessons on Friday and we asked his Mom when she wanted to plan for the baptism.  She said, let's do it tomorrow!  I was so surprised, but said that we would try to make it happen.  Friday night the district leader wanted to get his interview done.  But mis-communication happened and we weren't able to do it Friday.  Friday night I was a little stressed about the whole thing and if it really was going to happen.  But I just had this sense of peace come over me and the Spirit told me that it was going to be okay.  So I just needed to trust in the Lord.  The next day was when the complications happened.  Just to make this the watered-down version, we had to get permission from Jack's parents because his parents are divorced.  I was on the phone and texting so many people on Saturday, from the district leader, to our ward mission leader, the Bishop, and the mission president.  But you know what?  I can testify to you that God is a God of miracles.  We got written consent from both parents to be baptized.  And the baptism happened!  I know that it was the Lord's will that Jack was baptized on Saturday and receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  It was an amazing MIRACLE!  I know that the Lord loves His children so much.  I went through a lot on Saturday.  But it was worth it to help another of Heavenly Father's children to make that covenant.  I'm so happy for Jack!  

I can't explain the feelings that I've had this weekend.  I have seen the Lord's hand tremendously in a 24 hour period of time.  I know that this is HIS work.  And that nothing can stop it from moving forward.  I know during that 24 hours I did doubt.  I was concerned that it was going to happen.  But the Lord knows what needs to happen.  We just have to trust Him.  That He has everything under control, even though we don't know how to handle it.  I've learned a lot from this experience.  

I was studying today in Alma 5.  Awesome chapter!  You should read it!
Alma 5:60
  "And now I say unto you that the good shepherd doth call after you; and if you will hearken unto his voice he will bring you into his fold, and ye are his sheep; and he commandeth you that ye suffer no ravenous wolf to enter among you, that ye may not be destroyed."

Jesus Christ is the good shepherd.  Just like we follow Jesus Christ when we are baptized, like sheep follow their shepherd.  When we are baptized we promise to follow Jesus Christ.  And He promises to take care of us in His fold.  But when we wander away from our shepherd, like sheep do sometimes, like when we sin; we become susceptible to the world, the wolves!  And He keeps calling after us to come back to Him.  To come unto Him!  I know that there is protection in keeping the commandments of God and staying close to the Savior.  Stay close to Him.  Come to know Him.  I know for me I have come to know Him by reading the Book of Mormon, because it truly is another testament of Christ.  I know He lives!

Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Marlow

No comments:

Post a Comment