Thursday, September 19, 2013

Hey fam!

So I'm NOT getting transferred and Sister Alvarez is still my companion! WOHOOO!!!! We are so glad that we are staying together. I know my area has been really hard this transfer, but I feel like things are going better. We are really getting to know the leadership and members a whole lot better. Trying to get them focused on missionary work. And we've been happier about it too. This past week we made cookies and took them to each of our Bishops and their families. It was fun to just be doing something for someone else. And ya know, I love baking, so it was great for me! 

Today they have a parade here on Main Street. It's called the Miner's Day Parade. It's to celebrate the first people that settled the area, the miners. So yeah. The BEST thing that happened to me this week was the Excell family came to visit me at the Family Tree Center! I got to know them when I was in South Jordan. They are like my family away from home! I felt so special that they came up to Park City to see me, and took us out to dinner! They are the BEST! We are getting another companionship of sisters up here. And they are changing things around on us AGAIN. You gotta love changes right? Grrrr.

In my studies this morning I was reading 3 Nephi 18. And in that chapter is my favorite scripture.
3 Nephi 18:24
 Therefore, hold up your light that it may shine unto the world. Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up That which ye have seen me do. Behold ye see that I have prayed unto the Father, and ye all have witnessed.

I love how the Savior tells us to HOLD UP our light. We all have the light of the gospel. People recognize the light that you have. Don't shove it in their face. Just hold it up for people to see! I love it! And I love how the Savior gives us that example of shining your light, because He is the ultimate light for us. I'm learning lots on my mission. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve Him and His children here in Utah. The Lord has blessed me so much and I'm so grateful for it! Have a great week! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!! You're the best Mom ever!

Love,

Sister Marlow

No comments:

Post a Comment