Thursday, September 19, 2013

Hey Family!

We had a good week this week!  We've been seeing miracles happen.  And it feels so great to be able to teach lessons and testify of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ!  

I'll tell you of an experience we had this past week.  We had a lunch appointment with this single sister and she had a friend that was visiting.  This friend used to be a member of the church and has very bitter feelings.  We shared a message and then she began to give us her opinions and try to argue with us.  I would answer her questions and she would continue to try to bash with me.  But I told her, ya know I heard stuff before and it doesn't matter to me.  All I need to know is that the Book of Mormon is true.  She began to contend again, but then I said we have to run to another appointment.  I want to let you know that it hasn't been easy to gain this testimony of the Book of Mormon.  So many people I've met on my mission have influenced me to doubt the things that I know to be true.  But I do have a testimony of the Book of Mormon.  I could feel the Spirit so strongly as I was testifying to her.  I KNOW IT IS TRUE!  And because I know it is true, I know that Jesus is the Christ.  I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God.  That he saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  And that through Him the priesthood power and authority of God was also restored.  And that this is Jesus Christ's church once again upon the earth.  And I know a prophet leads and guides us today through revelation.  His name is Thomas S. Monson.  I know these things to be true.  Why would I still be on a mission if I didn't know it was true?  Seriously.  :)

And we spoke in one of our wards yesterday.  The focus was of course on missionary work.  But I focused it on the Restoration and teaching the members to let their light shine!  It was so great.  I really feel like we are making progress with the members so that they will allow us to teach them and their friends.  Right after sacrament meeting a member came up to us and said that his friend and his children came to church and they would like us to come to their house after church and teach them!!!!  The Dad of this family is divorced and he finally got full custody of his kids.  He has been a member for about 2 years now.  And none of his children are members of the church.  So they want us to teach them!  Then this other boy we've been trying to teach and prepare for baptism, we went by yesterday and they made an appointment with us for Wednesday and then to have his baptism not this weekend, but the next.  He plays football and he cracked his rib, so he's gonna be out for a little bit, so why not get baptized!!!  :)  lol.  MIRACLES!!!!!  I love seeing it!  The Lord knows who is ready.  We just have to be patient and just love people!  Thank you all for supporting me!  I love being a missionary.  It's the best thing that I could ever do at this time in my life!  Love you all!  Have a great week!

Love,

Sister Marlow   

No comments:

Post a Comment