Thursday, September 19, 2013


Hola Familia!

So this week I started listening to the Book of Mormon in Spanish!  And then I've been reading the beginning to Sister Alvarez.  She helps me with all the pronunciations.  I read really slow, but it's fun!  She told me to read it in Spanish and then look at it in English to make sure I'm understanding what I'm reading.  It's a lot of fun and I think she really enjoys helping me learn Spanish!  

My week was okay.  It's been going really slow, the work.  We are trying and trying.  Each week we have been making cookies and taking them to the leaders in each of our wards.  This past week was all the Relief Society Presidents.  I made my pineapple cupcakes.  And they loved them!  We saw this one sister on Sunday and she told us thank you for the card and the cupcakes.  It made her day, because she is always giving and giving and it was nice for someone to give to her.  That made us feel really good.  We are trying!     

We had stake conference this weekend.  It was a broadcast and 116 stakes in Utah were all apart of it.  It was really good.  I love learning from our general authorities.  Elder Nelson and Elder Packer spoke to us.  I am so grateful that we have a prophet and apostles on the earth today!  I love how they always testify of Jesus Christ and that they know HE LIVES!

I read this article in the Ensign. http://www.lds.org/ensign/2013/08/only-10-dollars?lang=eng  It's so good!  A scritpure that goes with it is 2 Nephi 25:23

"For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do."

It just makes me think how I've come up short in my life and I know that I'll continue to come up short.  But I know that the Savior is always there for me.  That He's going to help and support me through anything and everything that I am and will go through.  He's my brother.  And I'm so grateful for Him.

I'm sending some pictures from Pday today.  We went to Coalville, Utah.  Elder and Sister Judd's home.  They fed us lunch and showed us the historic chapel and museum in Coalville.  It was fun!  Enjoy the pics.  Thanks for being an awesome family!  Love ya!

Love,

Sister Marlow

No comments:

Post a Comment