Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!!!!







Hey Family!

Hope you all are enjoying this July 4th 2013!  Things are going great!  I love being here in Park City and I'm still serving at the Family Tree Center.  
Yesterday while Sister Villoso and I were working at the Family Tree our new mission president, President Eberhardt and his wife and the assistants came into the Family Tree.  It was great to be able to meet them.  We gave the assistants a tour.

This morning has been great.  We went with the Spanish speaking sisters, and the Elders to a breakfast at the Park City Park.  It is a fundraiser for the boy scouts in the Park City Stake.  They do it every year.  They let us eat for free!  And it was a really good breakfast.  We actually parked out car at the spanish sister's apartment and walked up to Main Street.  They have a parade here on Main Street.  Then we'll head down to Salt Lake for a mission conference.  And we'll be able to meet more of the missionaries in our mission.

So this week we've been teaching Bryanda.  She has been taught in the past and she hasn't really been committing to doing anything, like going to church or reading the Book of Mormon.  So we just opened up to 2 Nephi 31 and read the whole chapter with her.  And she really liked it and wanted to read more.  She says that she has a hard time reading and understanding what she is reading.  So we are going to try and go over everyday if we can and read with her.  And she loves it and wants to be taught the lessons. And she said she is really looking forward to her baptism.  YEAH!!!!  The Spirit is really guiding our companionship. Also we've been tracting this week.  Our district leader told us to tract an hour a day.  And no one!  But we just keep going.  My companion is pretty awesome.  No one can be mad at her!  She is so sweet and nice!  

In my Book of Mormon reading I'm in 3 Nephi.  And I read chapter 11 the other day and I love these verses.
 11 And behold, I am the alight and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning.
 12 And it came to pass that when Jesus had spoken these words the whole multitude fell to the earth; for they remembered that it had been prophesied among them that Christ should show himself unto them after his ascension into heaven.
 13 And it came to pass that the Lord spake unto them saying:
 14 Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Israel, and the God of the whole dearth, and have been slain for the sins of the world.
 15 And it came to pass that the multitude went forth, and thrust their hands into his side, and did feel the prints of the nails in his hands and in his feet; and this they did do, going forth one by one until they had all gone forth, and did see with their eyes and did feel with their hands, and did know of a surety and did bear record, that it was he, of whom it was written by the prophets, that should come.

I love how it says that they saw Jesus Christ.  They felt the prints of the nails in His hands and feel.  And they know who He is.  I was thinking, we can't see Jesus Christ, but we know He is there.  It is through the atonement of Jesus Christ that we can come to know Him.  It is His sacrifice that allows us to be able to repent and progress.  He is the only way.  He loves us so much that He wants us to come to Him and let Him help us.  But we must do our part first.  We have to have faith in Jesus Christ, repent, be baptized, receive the Holy Ghost and ENDURE.  That is the way we keep going.  Jesus Christ helps us to endure.  I know that is true, because He's helped me to do that very thing.  Love you guys! Hope you have a great day!  I'm so grateful for this mission!  It's the best!

Love,

Sister Marlow

Oh, and still send mail to the Family Tree Center.  I'm still serving there and I'll still get my mail and stuff there!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment