Thursday, July 4, 2013

Cool Week!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This has been a really cool week!  We had a mission conference and Elder Quentin L. Cook and his wife came and spoke to us.  Elder Cook gave us some training and taught us more about Preach My Gospel.  He gave us experiences from his mission.  He taught us that this is the Lord's work and that things will happen in his time.  He taught us to pray specifically on how to do the work and where to find the people that are ready.  He left us some amazing blessings upon us.  One of them was to get along with your companion.  I needed that one!  :)  
So we have transfers on Friday.  On Thursday we are all going to the temple as a mission.  And then having lunch and a mission conference.  There we will find out where we are going to be transferred.  So that will tell us which mission we will be in.  Last week I was talking to all my friends from the mission and they were all like, oh no, Sister Marlow, you're gonna go to the East Mission.  It's so sad to be leaving behind my amazing friends that I've made on my mission.  But the Lord knows best.  

The work has been so slow this week.  Our investigators wont' meet with us!  :(  But I did have this really neat experience.  We were driving to someone's house.  And on the way we were driving by this road that this less active lady lives.  I've been trying to contact her for months and have never been able to meet her.  Well, I had this thought to go and see her.  SHE WAS HOME!  We talked to her and she wants us to come back over.  It was so neat that the Spirit prompted me to go to her house.  And it was so subtle and quiet.  I could have easily just ignored it.  Always remember to let the Holy Spirit guide!  I read this scripture this morning and thought about this experience.

Helaman 5:29-30
    29 And it came to pass that there came a voice as if it were above the cloud of darkness, saying: Repent ye, repent ye, and seek no more to destroy my servants whom I have sent unto you to declare good tidings.

 30 And it came to pass when they heard this voice, and beheld that it was not a voice of thunder, neither was it a voice of a great tumultuous noise, but behold, it was a still voice of perfect mildness, as if it had been a whisper, and it did pierce even to the very soul—

Don't let the promptings pass you by!  If it invites you to do good, do it!  Follow the Spirit!

Love,

Sister Marlow

No comments:

Post a Comment