Tuesday, April 1, 2014





Hey Fam!

There were so many things that happened last week.  I'll just give ya the highlights.  And can I say, what an amazing way to end a full-time mission.  First of all Wayne was baptized!!!!!  It was so cool and the Spirit was so strong.  The Elders in our district did the baptism.  It was small baptism, but it was so good for Wayne.  And everyone that came was so helpful in helping him with the baptism.  And his confirmation was so cool too!!!  It was such a blessing for me and Sister Carlson to be able to teach him.  He is so much more talkative now and is more positive about life.  This brother may be 71, but he truly has a strong spirit inside of him.  And he is a son of God.  Then that night we went to the General Womens' Conference at the conference center!  It was so good.  And I was able to see some of my old companions and other sisters in the mission.  The Spirit was so strong at the meeting.  I loved it.  I loved how it just focused on us remembering who our Father is.  And that we are daughters in His kingdom.  I love it.  Then Sunday, I had a total shock by having family in Utah come to one of my wards for sacrament meeting.  That was so weird.  But fun too!  Everyone has grown up so much!  Oh, and in sacrament meeting Sister Carlson and another sister in the ward played the viola to "A Child's Prayer" and I accompanied them.  It sounded so good!  It was fun to do that!  Then today we went to the SLC temple!  So needed!  I love being there and feeling the peace and the Spirit that is there.  Tonight will be departing testimony meeting and then sleepover at the Mission Home, and then tomorrow morning going to the airport.  It's so weird to think that 18 months of serving the Lord full-time is ending.  I can't believe it's here already.  I guess time flies when you love what you are doing.  I am just so grateful to my Father in Heaven for giving me this opportunity to serve Him.  Through this amazing ride of my journey in life, I have learned so much.  I have come to know my Heavenly Father.  I know that I am His daughter.  That He loves me.  That He is always there for me.  That He has been here with me through every moment of my life and especially since I've been on my mission.  I have come to know Jesus Christ as my older brother.  He is my friend.  He is there when I feel so alone.  I have seen how Jesus Christ is "the light".  He has been my light, when I have felt so lost and alone.  But He is there.  I know that through the blood of our Savior that we can be cleansed from sin.  Repentance is an amazing thing!  It invites us to change!  And to change our heart.  I love that.  I am so grateful that Heavenly Father gives us second chances.  That He loves us no matter what!!!!  


This video is when Jesus Christ invites His future apostles to come follow Him and He will make them fishers of men.  We must first come unto Christ in our own life.  Become converted to the Lord.  And then we will be able to help others along the way to be able to know who Christ is as well.  I have been so blessed, not only to be able to teach people about Christ and invited them to follow Him.  But I have been blessed with others during my mission, that have invited me to come unto Christ.  And have helped me to develop a deeper relationship with Him.  This has been an amazing ride.  And the journey isn't over.  I love my Lord, my Savior and King.

Love,
Sister Marlow

No comments:

Post a Comment