Monday, August 19, 2013

Hey my family!

This week has been a slow one.  We are really struggling trying to find people to teach.  We find people, teach them, and then we go to make another appointment and they cancel or never show up.  It's really hard when it's happening over and over.  And then we've been going through our area book.  Looking up people and trying to find if they still live there.  It's definitely been a trial of our faith.  We've laughed and cried and we still keep going.  And I know that the Lord is especially teaching me something.  

This past week I read the talk by President Henry B. Eyring called "Mountains to Climb".  It really touched me.  He talks about how to deal with adversity and trials.  But the thing that really touched me the most was when he said that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ want us to be with them again.  These trials are there to help us to refine and polish us.  We have to work for our salvation.  We can't get something for nothing.  But these trials help us to get to were we are good enough to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ again.  I can just picture how it hurts Heavenly Father to see any of His children suffer.  But He knows that it is for our benefit.  And I think about the times that I've been angry at the Lord because He didn't give me what I wanted, or things didn't go my way.  It just hurt me because He's just trying to help me to be better.  So I need to be grateful for the things that He gives me.  Whether they be trials or whether they are these blessings.  And my trials have become my blessings.  It's amazing.  And the Lord always promises us that He will be with us!

Isaiah 41:10
 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

The top link is the talk and the bottom one is a video based off the talk.  Enjoy!



Love,

Sister Marlow

No comments:

Post a Comment